Thursday, January 21, 2010

Good Luck Charley[Interview]

Normally I write about the latest gossip from the celebrity world, but not this time. This time I have decided to write about someone who is a star on the rise. Her name is Charley (Charlotte), and she is seventeen years old.

For someone her age she has a brilliant voice and she knows how to use it. Charley has posted several videos on her YouTube channel, including covers as Mercury Summer by Fightstar, Hello by Evanescence and many more. She also has a few original songs up there that is worth checking out. She has been singing since the tender age of five (!) and right now Charley attends John Cabot Academy sixth form.


Charley Pearce: Rising Star



You have been singing since the age of five now, what is it that keeps you going and makes you want to sing so much?
- In all honesty, what keeps me singing is the criticism I get. I love hearing it, even if its abuse, it just makes me want to achieve it all so much more and prove to the people that never believed in me that I can do it.

Do both the abuse and the good comments make you want to work harder or those one of the two give you more of a push?
- Yeah, I guess so. The abuse just makes me want to prove myself, and the good comments give me the self esteem to carry on.

What do you hope that singing will bring you?
- I hope singing will bring me the much needed confidence in myself. I don't believe in myself, so I rely on the belief of others.

Where do you think you are in ten years?
- I'm not entirely sure to be honest, I'm living for today right now, but I'm sure whatever is waiting for me there is the right thing.
What is the ultimate dream?
- The ultimate dream is to be recognized for doing something I love, something that makes me happy, which is performing.

What song do you wish you had written?
- I kind of wish I'd written Almost Lover by A Fine Frenzy, I just feel like I could have, if I were that talented, as it's a song I relate to really well.

Which artists would you like to work with?
- I would love to work with my friend Gabrielle Aplin, who is an inspiration to me. I love her. I'd also love to work with the likes of John Mayer, McFly and Paramore. Oh, and YouMeAtSix.

Except singing, what do you like to pass the time with?
- I love to dance and act, which I guess ties into all the performing arts I do!
Think that is all for now, thanks for taking the time to answer these questions! Any final words to the people reading this?
- Thank you to all the people who currently support me in what I do, and thank you to those who will continue and begin to do so! It means the world to me.

Check out this video of Charley singing the song ‘Need’ by Hana Pestle!



For more information about Charley, check out he links below.

-twitter.com/savingcharley
-myspace.com/charleymusicofficial
-bebo.com/____charley
-facebook; charley Pearce.
-youtube.com/charleymusic
-http://charleymusic.page.tl/


Silje Cathrine xx

1 comment: